Find your Foundation, Discover your Potential
DSU Room 2059
Each governing council has a different way of recruiting or bringing new members into the organization.
IFC can recruit members at any point during the year, but focuses on hosting recruitment events and offering invitations to membership in the first few weeks of each semester. In the fall, recruitment starts Sunday before classes. Spring semester recruitment usually takes place during week two or three of the spring semester.
- Email Daniel Correll, IFC Vice President of Recruitment at firstname.lastname@example.org to learn more!
We are excited that Delta Tau Delta fraternity is recolonizing during the Fall 2018 semster! Learn more about Delta Tau Delta at https://www.delts.org/.
National Pan-Hellenic Council
NPHC does not have a formal recruitment process. You can reach out to each organization to identify what informational opportunities are available. We also suggest signing up for Greek 101, which is a requirement of students interested in joining an NPHC organization. This is a workshop where you will learn more about NPHC history, the history of the African American community in higher education, and have the opportunity to ask NPHC students questions during a special panel.
- For additional information, please contact Randall P. Bogard at email@example.com:
Panhellenic has a formal recruitment process held in conjunction with MASTER Plan the week before classes begin in the fall semester. No need to worry if MASTER Plan and Recruitment will interrupt one another. We work closely with other offices on campus to make sure there are not conflicts! You can do MASTER Plan and participate in recruitment. Chapters that may have open space in the spring semester may engage in an informal recruitment process.
- Email Kylie Schaefer, Panhellenic Recruitment Director at firstname.lastname@example.org to learn more!
- Recommendation Letters: Recommendation letters, while encouraged are not required to participate in sorority recruitment. Please review the individual chapter addresses (available in the Greek Recruitment Booklet above). Affiliated women interested in submitting a Recommendation letter should contact the national headquarters of their individual organization to access the recommendation form used. Questions? Contact Andrew Rash at email@example.com.
Sorority Recruitment FAQ:
- As an incoming freshman do I have to participate in M.A.S.T.E.R Plan in order to participate
in formal sorority recruitment?
- All incoming freshman must attend M.A.S.T.E.R Plan in order to participate in formal sorority recruitment.
- Is there a GPA requirement to sign up for formal sorority recruitment?
- To participate in sorority recruitment you must be a regularly enrolled, full-time WKU student in good standing with at least a 2.5 high school unweighted GPA or a 2.5 college cumulative GPA (12 or more earned attempted). As you’re looking at your membership options, please keep in mind that some chapters may have higher GPA requirement for membership.
Green Zone = Your options are not likely limited based on your GPA. (3.0 + )
Yellow Zone = Your options are more likely to be limited by your GPA. (2.71 – 2.99)
Red Zone = Your options are very likely to be limited based on GPA. (2.7 and below)
- Are transcripts required to participate in formal sorority recruitment?
- No, transcripts are not required to participate in formal sorority recruitment, but they are preferred. Transcripts help to verify student grades and ensures that grades are entered into the system accurately
- Do I need letters of recommendation?
- Recommendation letters, while encouraged are not required to participate in sorority recruitment. Please send to the individual chapter addresses (available in the Greek Recruitment Booklet https://www.wku.edu/wkugreeks/documents/greek-recruitment-book-fall-2017.pdf) or mailed to:
Student Activities Western Kentucky University Attn: Sorority Name 1906 College Heights Blvd #11044 Bowling Green, KY 42101-1044
- What is the deadline to sign up for formal sorority recruitment?
- Friday, August 17th at 12:00 PM CST.
- Basic Recruitment Schedule: