WKU Office of Sustainability - Mission Statement
It is the mission of the Office of Sustainability to promote a culture of sustainability at WKU, integrating principles of ecological integrity and social equity into academics, practices, and partnerships. Our goal is to ensure that WKU is an institution that provides innovative solutions to global challenges, prepares students as engaged and responsible citizens, and observes best practices in campus operations and services.
Office of Sustainability Services and programs include:
- Project Grow Community Garden
- Food Pantry
- Big Red Bikes
- WKU Green Tours
- Service and volunteer opportunities
The functions of the Office of Sustainability include:
- Engage university wide stakeholders to develop policy and to identify and implement best practices to institutionalize sustainability principles and goals.
- Track and report progress with measurable indicators and communicate progress through production of an annual WKU Sustainability Report.
- Encourage cross-campus collaboration and partnerships, bridging academics and operations using the campus as a living laboratory where ideas can be practically implemented.
- Develop education and awareness outreach materials, programs and projects.
- Provide a clearinghouse of information and resources relating to sustainability.
- Advise leadership on issues relating to sustainability in conjunction with the WKU Sustainability Committee.
- To promote and celebrate WKU sustainability initiatives.
Office of Sustainability Annual Reports: