Tuition rates are based on:
- Student Classification (undergraduate or graduate)
- Enrollment Status (full-time or part-time)
- Delivery Mode (Web, On Demand, Face-to-Face).
We know that it can be difficult to understand the different tuition rates and how they apply to you. The information on this page is designed to provide clarification on tuition, as it applies to online courses. The WKU Bursar Office provides additional information and should be considered the official source.
Please note: The information below does not apply to programs falling under The Kentucky P-12 Professional Educator Rate. The educator rate is a special tuition rate for Kentucky teachers in specific master degree programs. It is $415 per credit hour for online term-based courses. More information, including a list of eligible programs, can be found here. On Demand courses are excluded from the P12 Educator Tuition rate.
Students enrolling exclusively in web courses (semester-based web or on demand) are charged the per credit hour rate listed below regardless of location.
|2018-2019 Academic Year - Online (Web) Rate|
|Undergraduate Students||$530 per Credit Hour|
|Graduate Students||$707 per Credit Hour|
|2018-2019 Academic Year - On Demand Rate|
|Undergraduate Students||$442 per Credit Hour|
|Graduate Students||$607 per Credit Hour|
Full-Time Undergraduate Students
- Fully Online Students: If you are enrolled exclusively in online courses (i.e. semester based web courses, On Demand courses or a combination of the two), you will be charged the applicable per credit hour rate for each course (applicable rates are noted above). There is no full-time online rate. No out-of-state tuition is ever charged.
- Semester-based web + face-to-face: Full-time undergraduate students who enroll in a combination of face-to-face classes + web will be charged the applicable in-state or out-of-state tuition rate + an additional per credit hour fee for the web class (the fee for 2018-2019 is $150 per credit hour).
- On Demand + face-to-face: Full-time undergraduate students who enroll in a combination of face-to-face classes + on demand are charged per credit hour, based on class type (face-to-face or on demand) for all hours taken up to 12 credit hours. Those enrolling in at least 12 hours of face-to-face classes + on demand class(es) are charged the applicablein-state or out-of-state tuition rate full-time tuition rate for face-to-face classes + the per credit hour rate for the additional on demand class(es).
Part-Time Undergraduate Students
Part-time undergraduate students enrolling in a combination of delivery modes (Face-to-Face, Web, On Demand) are charged the per credit hour rate for each course, based on course type.
- On Demand Courses: The per credit hour rate for in-state undergrad students is always charged, regardless of where you live.
- Web Courses: The per credit hour web course rate is always charged, regardless of where you live.
- Face-to-Face Courses: The applicable in-state/out-of-state per credit hour rate is charged.