Phone: (270) 745-2178
WKU has a Joint Admissions program with several area community colleges to help you make the transition into a four-year university while you are completing your associate degree. This program is for students with one or more semesters remaining at a community college.
Joint Admissions simply means you are admitted to both your community college and WKU at the same time as you work toward your community college degree. The Joint Admissions program provides a seamless transition from an associate’s degree to a bachelor’s degree. Students who choose to participate in WKU’s Joint Admissions program will have all the information they need to complete a bachelor's degree most efficiently.
Still not sure if this is for you? Visit our FAQs page for more information!
The Joint Admissions program has many benefits. Students receive collaborative academic advising with WKU academic advisors in their intended majors.
Some of the program benefits include:
- On-site Academic Advising
- Four-year Degree Plan
- Less Time to Degree
- Affordable Tuition
- Fewer “Extra” Hours
- Transfer Scholarships
The following community colleges participate in the Joint Admissions program:
- Bluegrass Community & Technical College
- Elizabethtown Community & Technical College
- Henderson Community College
- Hopkinsville Community College
- Ivy Tech Community College - Southwest
- Jefferson Community and Technical College
- Madisonville Community College
- Owensboro Community & Technical College
- Somerset Community College
- Southcentral Kentucky Community & Technical College
- Volunteer State Community College