Congratulations on your decision to attend WKU! We know this is a very exciting, yet stressful time in your life as you begin preparing for your move on campus. We are here to help!
Before you move into a residence hall, you need to submit a housing agreement. If you have not applied for housing yet, please visit www.wku.edu/housing/apply.
M.A.S.T.E.R. Plan Move In
M.A.S.T.E.R. Plan, WKU's transition program for all undergraduate first-year students, provides new students with the opportunity to move to campus early, before upperclassmen arrive and before classes begin. You will receive a detailed move in schedule and time assignment via email.
Fall Residence Hall Move In
For students not participating in M.A.S.T.E.R. Plan, the residence halls open at 8 am, Saturday, August 25th. You may move in anytime, however, we ask students to be checked in by 11:59 pm, Monday, August 27, 2018.
*If you are part of a program that requires early move in, please refer to the directions given to you by your program leaders.
What to Bring
Your residence hall room will soon become your "home away from home" and we want you to bring whatever items you will need to make it comfortable. Below is a list of suggested items to get you started:
- Bed Linens (Extra Long Twin)
- Blanket, Comforter
- Towels and Washcloths
- Laundry Supplies (Hamper, Detergent, Dryer Sheets, Quarters/Big Red Dollars)
- Clothes Hangers
- Iron/Ironing Board
- Alarm Clock
- Stamps and Envelopes
- Desk/Study Supplies
- Sewing Kit
- First Aid Kit
- Shower Caddy
- Shower Shoes
- Cleaning Supplies
- Broom and Dustpan
Digital Cable Compatibility - You will need to set your turner to scan for channel locations through your television menu. The vast majority of televisions sold since 2006 have a QAM (quadrature amplitude modulation) tuner. We have identified some low end and less expensive models that do not have a QAM tuner and cannot receive a digital signal. The list includes:
All Element Models
Sylvania All Models
- DVD Player/Gaming Console - Game consoles must be registered through WKU Resnet before online game-play. Learn more
- Cable Cord
- Ethernet Cord - wifi is available, the Ethernet cord can give you a faster internet speed
- Desk Lamp
- Cooking/Eating Utensils/Pots/Pans
- Refrigerator (5 cubic feet or less) - can be purchased through The WKU Store, if desired
- Microwave (1,000 watts or less) - can be purchased through The WKU Store, if desired
- Coffee Maker
- Stackable Crates
- Photos of friends and family
- Renter's Insurance - We urge each student to purchase some form of insurance, whether it be renter's insurance or a rider on their parent's homeowner's insurance. The University is not liable for theft, damage or loss of personal belongings from any part of the residence hall. National Student Services is a company that provides student insurance, or compare reviews for top renters insurance companies from consumeraffairs.com.
What Not to Bring
- Alcoholic Beverages/Containers
- Concrete Blocks
- Contact Paper
- Electric Grills
- Halogen Lamps
- Hot Plates
- Pets (fish are permitted)
- Space Heaters
- Wall and Ceiling Stickers
Need Decorating Ideas?
Decorating your room can make all the difference in making it your own and to make it feel a little more like home! Check out our pinterest boards for some great ideas!
M.A.S.T.E.R Plan Move In
Fall Campus Move In
- Go directly to your residence hall to check in. The front desk will give you your room key. Please bring your WKU ID card.
- Unload your vehicle in the metered parking areas and move items to your residence hall room.
- Immediately relocate your vehicle(s) away from the building to allow for others to move in.
Please bring a cart or dolly with you to help with move in.
If you have questions, please visit our frequently asked questions page, or contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call (270)745-4359