First-time freshmen who meet any one of the following requirements are eligible to apply:
• 27 ACT composite, or combined verbal and math SAT of 1280; or
• 3.8 unweighted high school GPA; or
• Top 15% of graduating high school class.
Priority Application Deadline: December 1
First-time freshmen who are accepted into the Mahurin Honors College or who have been placed on the Mahurin Honors College Waiting List are eligible to take any course with an Honors designation.
First-time freshmen who are not accepted into the Mahurin Honors College may still enroll in Honors courses in their first semester at WKU if they meet the requirements on the following sliding scale:
- Minimum 27 ACT/1210 SAT AND a high school GPA greater than 3.6; or
- Minimum 29 ACT/1290 SAT AND a high school GPA greater than 3.2.
Reapplying to the Mahurin Honors College
Students who are not admitted as a first-time freshman may reapply at the end of the fall semester upon receipt of final grades. For more information on applying as a current WKU student, please call the Mahurin Honors College at 270-745-2081 and ask for the Admissions Counselor.