Students in programs requiring a thesis, specialist project, or dissertation are encouraged to begin research and writing as early as possible. The following links include guidelines and information when preparing your document.
Students will submit two items to the Graduate School for publication: 1) an electronic copy of the document; and 2) the original signature page. The step-by-step process is:
- Successfully defend the thesis or dissertation for the committee. The committee and student will review the document for all content, academic integrity, and formatting. (See the Formatting Guidelines above.)
- Complete the online Copyright Permission form and email an electronic copy of the thesis or dissertation to the Graduate School (firstname.lastname@example.org).
- Student will obtain signatures of the committee members on the signature page and
submit this original page to the Graduate School (Wetherby Administration Building, Room 207) which will
be reviewed/approved by the Graduate School Dean and electronically inserted into
the document for completion.
Note: The Comprehensive Exam form does not substitute for the signature page; the graduate adviser must separately submit the Comprehensive Exam form to the Graduate School, and the committee chair or primary advisor are responsible for submitting grades for 599, 699, and 799 courses.
- The Graduate School will complete a final review of the formatting and forward the
completed document to the WKU library for publication on TopSCHOLAR.
Note: Original signature pages are available for pick-up by the student in WAB 207 for one (1) year following deposition.
- The library will notify the student of publication via email.
Summer 2017 - Friday, July 21, 2017
Fall 2017 - Friday, November 17, 2017
Spring 2018 - Friday, April 20, 2018
Summer 2018 - Friday, July 20, 2018
Note: documents in Portable Document Format (PDF) require Adobe Acrobat Reader 5.0 or higher to view,
download Adobe Acrobat Reader.
Note: documents in Excel format (XLS) require Microsoft Viewer,
Note: documents in Word format (DOC) require Microsoft Viewer,
Note: documents in Powerpoint format (PPT) require Microsoft Viewer,
Note: documents in Quicktime Movie format [MOV] require Apple Quicktime,