Skip to main content
Skip to main content

Student Financial Assistance

 Mark your calendar! deadlines for consortium agreement: Fall 2017: Form Available June 2017. Last Day to Submit, November 10, 2017. Spring 2018: Form Available November 13. Last day to submit, April 29, 2018.



A Consortium Agreement is a written agreement between two schools. It will allow the student to receive the maximum amount of federal aid for which he/she is eligible to receive during any given academic semester. However, a student may only receive his/her financial aid from one school.

What is a WKU Consortium Agreement?

A WKU Consortium Agreement allows a WKU student to take classes at both WKU and a visiting school while receiving financial aid for the total number of credit hours completed at both institutions. However, the student will only be the recipient of financial aid from WKU (Home Institution).


For the Fall Semester, WKU student John Doe takes six credit hours at Neverland College and three credit hours at WKU. By completing a WKU Consortium Agreement, this student could receive financial aid for nine credit hours at WKU. 

Do I need to complete a WKU Consortium Agreement?

All students attending two separate colleges or universities in a single semester must submit a consortium request and have a consortium agreement processed if they wish to use their hours at the visiting school for financial aid calculation purposes. Even if you are a joint admissions student, you must still submit a consortium request if you wish to use those hours for financial aid purposes with WKU. 

Can I receive financial aid at two different institutions? 

No. You can only receive financial aid from one college or university each semester. The Home School, the one from which you are receiving your degree, will award your financial aid. The Visiting School is the one at which you are taking additional classes.

Also, remember that the credit hours taken at the Visiting School will not reflect on your WKU TopNet account. However, they will reflect in your financial aid award. 

When should I submit my WKU Consortium Agreement? 

In order for you to submit a consortium request you must be admitted to WKU as a degree-seeking student, have a current FAFSA on file, and if you were selected for Verification you must have submitted all required documents. You must also be in good academic standing for financial aid. If you need to add WKU to your FAFSA, you may do this online at The school code for WKU is 002002.

IMPORTANT NOTE: Don’t submit your consortium request until you have enrolled in all your classes at your visiting school. You must be enrolled in WKU hours in order to do a WKU Consortium Agreement.

What is a Waiver of Enrollment? How is it different from a Consortium Agreement?

In certain situations, you may request all your classes at your visiting school for one semester only. In this case, you would have to submit a Waiver of Enrollment, which is found under the Financial Aid menu on TopNetHowever, be advised that not all waivers are approved. For example, if you request a waiver simply because you can no longer receive financial aid at a community college, your waiver will not be approved.

How do I complete my WKU Consortium Agreement? 
 Follow the Consortium Agreement Application Instructions, available as a downloadable PDF.
How do I pay for my classes at the Visiting School?

Your refund, if you are due any, is normally sent the week following your financial aid being paid to your WKU account. To view your account summary visit TopNet and select Student Services, then click Student Records and view your account summary by term.

If you need assistance in setting up your BankMobile Refund preference, visit the Office of the Bursar's website.  

You are responsible for paying the tuition charges at your visiting school.  There is no school-to-school payment. 

When should I submit my final grades from the Visiting School?

At the end of each semester that you participate in a consortium, you must submit an OFFICIAL COPY of your semester grades to the Consortium Office.  If the grades are sent in error to the Registrar’s Office, we will not release the hold on your financial aid account. Sending the transcript to the Registrar’s Office and not the Consortium Office at the WKU Department of Student Financial Assistance will cause a delay in your hold clearing, and could create a delay in your following semester financial aid process. After we have reviewed your semester grades for earned hours and GPA, we will hand-deliver the official transcript to the Office of the Registrar so they can update your hours and GPA record with WKU. There is no need to pay for two transcripts to be sent.

Note: documents in Portable Document Format (PDF) require Adobe Acrobat Reader 5.0 or higher to view,
download Adobe Acrobat Reader.

Note: documents in Excel format (XLS) require Microsoft Viewer,
download excel.

Note: documents in Word format (DOC) require Microsoft Viewer,
download word.

Note: documents in Powerpoint format (PPT) require Microsoft Viewer,
download powerpoint.

Note: documents in Quicktime Movie format [MOV] require Apple Quicktime,
download quicktime.

 Last Modified 10/16/17