Services & Programs
- Professional Education Admissions
- Field Experience
- Student Teaching
- Teacher Certification
- Minority Recruitment And Retention Program
- Alternative Route To Teacher Certification Program
- TEACH Grant
Teacher Certification Personnel process and maintain the necessary paperwork for recommending teachers for certification in Kentucky. They assist students seeking initial certification, those completing certification only programs and those in graduate programs seeking advanced certificates or rank changes. The staff encourages all students to work closely with advisors in their academic content areas to ensure the successful completion of the certification process.
Below please find the documentation that is required before a recommendation for teacher certification can be made:
- Application for Kentucky Teacher Certification or Change in Salary Rank (Form CA-1)
- Official transcript(s) reflecting degree awarded or course work completed
- Praxis II Specialty Examination Scores
ALL PAPERWORK MUST BE SUBMITTED TO WKU’S OFFICE OF TEACHER CERTIFICATION FOR PROCESSING BEFORE BEING SUBMITTED TO THE STATE.
WKU cannot accept certification fees. The certification fees should be paid directly through Kentucky’s Education Professional Standards Board e-Pay system at www.kyepsb.net or a cashier’s check or money order may be mailed directly to the EPSB--never to WKU’s Certification Office. Any fees mailed to the university are immediately returned to the student for safe keeping. There is no fee for the Statement of Eligibility.
Please visit the Kentucky Education Professional Standards Board for additional information on certification requirements. This site also offers information on employment opportunities and contact information for Kentucky school districts. The Kentucky Teacher Certification Requirements and Kentucky Teaching Certificates located at this web site should also be helpful in addressing questions you might have. Also, a list of Frequently Asked Questions is available. Please visit the Educational Testing Services web site to register for a Praxis exam or download Test at a Glance information, but always check Praxis test codes required for Kentucky before registering for any exam.
Please feel free to stop by during normal working hours or email Teacher.firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance.
- Teacher Certification FAQ
- Teacher Certification Procedures
- Teacher Certification Based on Proficiency Evaluation (Policy)
- Teacher Certification Requirements for the 50 States
- Electronic Portfolio System
For more information, contact:
Office of Teacher Certification
Gary A. Ransdell Hall 2052