Skip to main content
Skip to main content

Adult Learner Services

Academic Colleges


Adult Learner Study Rooms

Campus Resources

EOC Warren County

Online Programs


Tuition & Fees

Undergraduate Catalog


 Adult Learner Services Logo


WKU Transfer Center 

Downing Student Union (DSU) Room 2141

Phone: (270) 745-3575

Monday - Friday
8:00am - 4:30pm


Frequently Asked Questions


What degree programs are available?

The following link provides a listing of all undergraduate degrees and certificates offered by WKU:


Does WKU offer courses online or closer to my home?

WKU has a significant catalog of flexible course formats including online, independent learning, and telecourse. For more information about online courses offered go to

Students may also pursue entire degrees online:  

Students can also take classes and pursue degrees at one of our regional campuses:

Elizabethtown-Ft. Knox, Glasgow, and Owensboro.


How much will my degree cost?

Tuition rates are subject to change each academic year. For current information, go to


I have heard seniors get free tuition. Is this true?

In accordance with KRS 164.284, Kentucky residents who are 65 years of age or older are granted free tuition for any undergraduate or graduate college class in which they enroll for credit or to audit. Individuals must be 65 years of age or older on or before the first day of the semester in which they enroll. Senior students are still responsible for paying any course fees, such as lab fees, and for purchasing their textbooks. Like all students, seniors must apply for admission to the university, which can be done online, and pay the application fee. For additional information contact Adult Learner Services at (270) 745-3575 or

For a video testimonial from a senior student click here.


Can I receive financial aid?

Financial aid varies according to income, not age. Loans and grants are awarded for any given school year beginning in the fall semester and ending in the following summer. Start by completing the federal financial aid form online. Have your income tax return from the previous year ready and go to and follow the directions. You will be prompted to choose WKU as the school to receive your information. Receiving funds can take 6-8 weeks.

For more information on paying for college click the "Pay for School" tab above.

If you are a current or admitted WKU student you can also click here for a tutorial on how to check your financial aid status.

Need help in completing your FAFSA? The Educational Opportunity Centers offer FREE assistance! Call (270) 745-4441 in Bowling Green or (270) 861-6900 in Glasgow.


I want to apply to WKU, how do I get started?

Click the "New to WKU" tab above for a list of steps to become a Hilltopper.

For a tutorial on applying for admission you may click here


I earned a GED, can I still apply to WKU?

Yes.  You will have to supply WKU with your GED transcript after you apply. 

If you received your GED in Kentucky, you can request your scores via the GED web site at

If you received your GED in another state, Google GED records and the state (e.g., GED records Tennessee).


I did not take the ACT or the SAT. Are either required?

If you are over 21, the ACT or SAT are not required.  You will need to complete the Accuplacer Exam and Math Placement Exam, both of which are administered at WKU. These are assessment tools that assess algebra, reading comprehension, and sentence skills.

For more information on taking the Accuplacer contact the Division of Extended Learning & Outreach (DELO) at (270) 745-1900 or   

For more information on taking the Math Placement Exam click here.


I have to complete TOP. What is this?

TOP, or Topper Orientation Program, is an orientation required of all new WKU students. If you are a transfer student with 24 hours or more you will have the option of completing an online TOP. Students may schedule to attend or complete TOP through the "Make Reservations" icon in the following link:

For more information on TOP, email or call 270-745-4242. 


How do I find my advisor?

An advisor is assigned after you apply to WKU, and is dependent on your major.  If you have advising questions before you are admitted, or if you need help determining the best major before you apply, talk to the adult learner counselors.  They can give you basic advising information and also refer you to other advisors for more information on particular degrees.

If you are a current student and need to find your advisor, go to TopNet – Student Services – Registration – View Advisor Information (or click here for a tutorial on how to find advisor information).


What if life circumstances happen and I have to withdraw from a class or from the university entirely?

Occasionally, adult students encounter circumstances in their lives that require them to either lighten their course load or withdraw from all classes. There are various rules and procedures for withdrawing, depending on the circumstances and when you apply for withdrawal. For more information on withdrawal procedures and links to the appropriate forms please click the following link


If I have more questions where can I go for answers?

You may contact Adult Learner Services to speak to an adult learner counselor or schedule an appointment to discuss any questions you might have. In addition, the Registrar’s Office has a wealth of additional topics at


Note: documents in Portable Document Format (PDF) require Adobe Acrobat Reader 5.0 or higher to view,
download Adobe Acrobat Reader.

Note: documents in Quicktime Movie format [MOV] require Apple Quicktime,
download quicktime.

 Last Modified 3/16/18